Saturday, November 29, 2014

Why do people get married?

I have come at the period in my life where my acquaintances are readily getting married. Despite my exam schedule, I decided to pay a visit to a good friend of mine from back in college. The sermon was rather a classic one. The pastor quoted 1 Corinthians and spoke about love. It could have been just that I had not listened to many sermons recently, but one of the sayings clung on to me. He mentioned how marriage is just the beginning, and that many troubles and quarrels will follow. This, I knew and had heard many times. The next part was that people still get married because of the glories that will soon follow.

For me, worrying was one of my habits. Especially in relationships, I would think about pretty much everything that might happen. I would soon reach a conclusion and sabotage the relationship. I guess I had never thought about the riches and the joys that are to come as well.

Christianity, like marriage, is all about the troubles and the prestige. It is not always happy, yet it is not always depressing. It is not ever carefree, yet it is not always painful.

PS: I think I may be ready to give it another shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment