Monday, December 1, 2014

Token of Remembrance

I wanted to write this down here now, so that if you ask someday, I will remember it crystal clear.

1
Although I did not know much about you then, I wanted to give it a chance. It may have been a slight infatuation then, but still, it was more than I can bear.

When I heard you sing for the first time, it was amazing, but that wasn’t the time I wanted to get to know you more. It was later when I heard you sing a song about love, about true love. I am sure that you may not have deeply reflected on the lyrics then, but from having an idea of how God works, I knew that you would, someday, strive to live a life of such love. I knew then that I, too, wanted to do the same. I saw in you that you truly loved and found great joy in the LORD. I loved that you found your family to be a source of comfort, and I loved that God had led your life from then until now, and will forever on. I had never felt such vulnerability from someone, and it made my heart race even more. I also love that you do not find English that comfortable, because it gives me a chance to share my thoughts without you ever finding out about it :P. I know that you will one day break my heart, but I am willing to say that I still won’t run away. I sincerely hope you won’t run away as well when I happen to break yours.

2
As I got to know you more, I grew to really enjoy your presence. It’s really weird how relationships work. For some odd reason, marriage came to be. Afterwards, society moved on to make a concept of dating before marriage happened. I won’t discuss the likeness of history, but praying about relationships was never my forte. I do know, however, that it is something which should not be held lightly. I am hesitant to yet say that I love you, for I believe love is much greater than what I believe it to be. I believe it to bear much weight. Plus, it really hasn’t been long since I started to get to know you. As for now, though, I can say I love that you are always so joyful. I love that you laugh with me in times of happiness, and that you cheer me up when I am down. I love that you pray for me amongst all, and I truly want this to last. I wish to love God as He has loved me, and I wish to love you as God has loved me. I am willing to be patient; I am willing to be responsible.

3
Maybe I had gotten ahead of myself. Maybe that is why my previous relationship endeavors did not work out. The good of it all is that I am willing to wait, and take more time. I am not burning with desire at the moment, but gently kindling. I wish to be a friend first than a lover. By grace, I am in peace with it all, for whenever I am with you, nothing really matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment