Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Where Art Thou, Peter?

"But an evil spirit from the Lord came on Saul as he was sitting in his house with his spear in his hand. While David was playing the lyre, Saul tried to pin him to the wall with his spear, but David eluded him as Saul drove the spear into the wall. That night David made good his escape." 1 Samuel 19:9-10

Often times I have seen people struggle with leaving or throwing away. Detachment is definitely a tough assignment for weak willed lazy souls. 

On the other side is the difficulty in responsibility, the need to stick around through it all.

David lived in constant death threats, yet he stayed, as he was still needed there. Our immediate response to threat would be protection and flight. God's love, his calling, however, should transcend it all. 

I feel so detached to it all. I have lost grip of my identity. I have rested well, or maybe not, but I certainly am willing to come back to the mission grounds. Let's just see how long this conviction lasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment