Sunday, April 13, 2014

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad

Today was the 29th wedding anniversary of my parents. I overheard how one of my friends reserved a night in a fancy hotel for her parent's anniversary. Naturally, I wanted to do something similar, but my parents seemed too busy. I did what I could and bought some flowers with delicious cheesecake (blueberry and strawberry cheesecake, mind you). With a bit of dish washing and card writing, I can confidently say that my parents appreciated it...hopefully. As shy as I am, I went into my room to go about my business, but I could hear my parents talk for hours on. Little things, big things, of the world, of Christ. I knew they loved each other, though nothing was absolutely perfect, and I longed to find someone that I can share such love with as well. Somebody that I wish to sacrifice for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment