Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Post-relationship Thoughts

There is always a lot said about relationships, codes of behaviors, comments on what is acceptable and what is not. Memories also have a big part of it all, both for the good and the bad. Relationships were always very difficult to me. I now attribute my lack of courage and desire for perfection to be the source. In any case, I always wondered how some people could simply start dating someone else after a break-up and live as if the other was completely forgotten. I am not talking about situations where the relationship was cut abrupt by one party, leaving unresolved emotions or due lack of closure, but in cases where the break-up was completely healthy and friendly. Even so, I always have lingering memories that overlap when seeing someone else. I will not say they affect me negatively, but they are factors in my decision-making. To be honest, this is not the case for all the people that I have met and said farewell. I guess some get left behind, while some may not. All I know is that I wish to find someone to build a deeper relationship, allowing my memories to accumulate further and on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment