Friday, March 17, 2017

Basic Training Flashback #6

A week has passed, and today was the first day I felt like a man once more. Across the woods, through the winds, under the sunlight, we gathered to a remote area for CS gas training. The training was rough, some added bitter aftertaste as well, but the downtime provided us company members an opportunity to share individual lives. Though hopelessly far from the hardship station or combat soldiers experience, a glimpse of camaraderie was what I had felt.

Upon the walk back, the setting sun gently poured down, glistening the surrounds, like a choir praising the everlasting King. 

It was a good day, perhaps due the prayer that slipped out of my mouth first in the morning. I had longed to see the glory of God in a new way, one I had never seen before. All thanks to the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment