Sunday, February 19, 2012

Thanking Old Friends

I thought I would take some time to thank a friend of mine. I moved to the States in 8th grade. Actually, I was placed in 7th grade for a few weeks because the school did not think I could speak English well. I hadn't really cared since they promised to move me up after seeing how well I did. I was pretty confident I would have no trouble with the English language. Nonetheless, in that short amount of time, I managed to make a friend. His name was B. I don't remember what his last name was (even if I did, I probably wouldn't post it here). He was one of the 'outsiders' within the class. Mind you, when I say outsider, I do not mean to transfer on any negative connotations, just that he and I were not in the main circle of kids. After I left 7th grade, I couldn't really stay in touch with him. To be honest, I'm not sure if I even wanted to stay in touch with him. In my immature state of mind, I guess I thought if I kept on being friends with him I would be forced out of the popular circle. It's really fascinated by how my mind worked back then. I tried so desperately to fit in. It was as if I was living my life to be seen by others, categorizing people and analyzing how I can survive.

If he ever reads this, which is highly unlikely, I wanted to say that I'm sorry. I was young and immature. They are the same of excuses, but none more can express my true sorrows better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment