Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ideas

Ideas are fleeting. They pass by so quickly. I even decided to get a little notebook to jot all these thoughts down. Funny how when I see my notes at home, they're all so jumbled and confusing. Constant struggle to remember, a battle to hold on. It seems like a microcosm of ourselves within this planet. Fading away, leaving marks.

"I, the Teacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem. I devoted myself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is down under heaven. What a heavy burden God has laid on men! I have seen all the things that are down under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind." Ecclesiastes 1:12-14

On my drive to Philadelphia from Pittsburgh, I had downloaded a whole series of sermons on the book of Ecclesiastes. As I was driving by myself, I had a lot of time to think about this passage. I always had a spot of nihilism deep inside the corner of my brain. Upon first reading this, it fueled such thoughts more so, but I had been terribly wrong in my thoughts. The hidden message written in between the spaces of lines was that life was meaningless without God. I always thought myself to be floating around, but a sense of purpose had started to grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment