Friday, June 24, 2016

Modern Christ Imagination

I remember watching a scene in a drama where a doctor would check the pulse of a patient and make diagnosis. The drama had its setting way before modern medicine was established, allowing such ridiculousness seem okay. The problem was that I started to believe that such was the power of doctors. 

After what has been nearly 4 years, I realized that being a doctor was pretty much being a scientist. Everything was help firmly in evidence and laboratory results, disassembling my beliefs in superpower ridden doctor heroes. 

Luckily, I still have the desire to be a mediator to overcoming diseases, especially since I am almost at the end of my school days. Yet, if a man walked through the corridors of the hospital and healed people simply by praying, touching, or even commanding, I would definitely be in awe. 

If suddenly that man were to command me to follow, I would hesitate. Or would I be completely knelt before him, recognizing my sins and his holiness? 

Maybe it was different back then, but this doesn't seem so far from those that met Jesus. Either you hesitated, or were completely humbled. 

All of a sudden, the childhood game of "follow the leader" seems like the most difficult to play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment