Saturday, August 8, 2015

Dream Sequence: Trembling

I am happy to say that I am extremely excited right now. I rarely dream, let alone dream about God, but that was what happened last night. This would be my second time to have dreamt about God. The first time was about a year and a half ago. I was riding up an escalator in a mall-like environment, and there He was. I was like a secretary reporting all that has been happening. 

Last night, I was holding hands with someone, walking towards a room, and suddenly, I began trembling. The greatest fear that I cannot possibly describe came upon me. I could not breathe. I was on the ground in an instant, trying to get lower and lower. I fell prostrate and did not dare look up. I kept saying, "I love you God, God, I love you" over and over again. 


The fear I felt was not of despair, but of panic and concern before the Holy One. There were no remnant feelings of horror after having woken up. I was rather glad, glad to have been reminded that God is still among us, nudging, pushing and sometimes throwing us overboard to remember.  



"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom." Psalm 111:10
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge." Proverbs 1:7
"The fear of the LORD leads to life." Proverbs 19:23

No comments:

Post a Comment