Sunday, August 9, 2015

Ephesian Actions

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:29-32

For a while, I have prayed to God in what exactly that I should be doing as to being a Christian. In retrospect, may be it wasn't a good idea...:P There are countless amounts of recommendations given by God as to how our lives should look like in light of God's grace. Personally, I have started to struggle with anger and bitterness, which is clearly seen in my speech. Naturally, I have come to avoid trying to open my mouth lest I speak nonsense or worse, malice. Checking my actions in order is especially difficult with this verse pricking periodically.

"What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?...In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." James 2:14, 17

It is easy to think the answer to poor action is inaction, but I believe it is constant action. This, of course, is with the assumption that improvements will follow. To err is human, and I say to try again is human as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment