Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Realization Actualization

Break started. The family moved to a new home, and it is very cold here in Seoul.

It is really good to have some time for myself again. One of the rituals that I missed for being busy is getting up late, picking up the guitar and just singing christian songs, praying to God. As I was picking songs here and there, I realized that this may not be what God desires. Of course, praising God is clearly said upon the Bible, but I was reminded of a passage in John 21. It goes like this,

"Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go." John 21:18

Before heading home, I went to say goodbye to one of my mentors. He told me that there are a lot of Christians, but there are not enough Christians that are desired by God. He added that people worship God in ways that they seem fit, while a very few actually worship in ways that God wants. 

I saw how I was very anxious to be done from school, so that I can "have time" with God. It occurred to me that God may have accepted my 5 second desperate cry for help during school, rather than a two hour long quiet time session during break. I realized that I am slowly called to let go of my desires and be led to places that I "do not want to go." 

No comments:

Post a Comment