Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Gamers Unite!

I'm not sure if I said this before, but I enjoy listening to sermons online. I was listening to a sermon excerpt by Francis Chan just now, and he really got me fired up for God.

In my desire to stay active, I was looking into volunteer opportunities, as it was one of the promises I had made to God when coming back to the States. One that had gotten my attention was called Extra Life. It was basically charity by gamers. They made their website really well, so I'll spare you the details.

In any case, it was really heart warming to have seen such a group. Too many people have the notion that playing video games is a waste of life. I'm sure that may be in some cases, but like all God has made, it had its wonders.

"For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer." 1 Timothy 4:4-5

Tools will be tools. Drugs are medicine in modest dosage. Knives are at the heart of a good cuisine. Money in itself is not evil, just a matter of how we use it.

Our lives are the pipelines through which God pours out his love. I wish to be used in the best possible way imaginable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment