Saturday, September 15, 2012

Life is not a Game

I have been attending a new church for the past few weeks. I also decided to join a small group. To tell you the truth, I was not completely comfortable making all these decisions, all these new beginnings, but I guess no one is completely confident in reaching out to new territories. On the way down, though, I pretty much ran into a hanging chain and ruined the front tire of my bike. I even thought about heading back home after the incident, but I figured the devil would have liked that a lot. Naturally, I decided to see through what was put in my heart just a little longer. It took a littler while for me to get to the meeting place, but, all in all, I had such a wonderful time. It had been a while since I talked to a lot of people, so I was rather quiet during the meeting, but by the time I was home, I was very much encouraged. Just the fact that there were people gathering together to simply read the Bible, sharing their struggles to live a life of a Christ-follower, was very refreshing. I wanted to be a better man. I was actually having doubts to my decision to move on from the church I had originally attended, but I guess there really are no answers in life, simply choices.
I always had in mind that there were objectives that needed to be achieved for me to move on with life. Maybe it was from all the video games I had played, but I felt the pressure of needing to get something done. I feel like I lost a lot because of this. 
I try to stay away from clichés, but something worth mentioning was that there will always be an end in this life. Instead of shying away from the pain of departure, I feel like I should treasure the moment all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment