Friday, October 26, 2018

Active Love

Everyday, an old man, a man of God, would go through the streets of a depraved city, a city full of sin. The old man would call out to the people, "Repent!" but no one would listen. Day after day, he would visit different houses, sometimes be beaten, sometimes cast out. Other times, he would simply stand upon a hill and shout to the people of the city. Days turning to months and years, the old man grew weaker and weaker. Yet, he did not stop to simply rest at his home. One day, a fellow townsman brought the nerve to talk to the old man. He said, "Old man, why do you keep on doing this when no one listens?" To this, the old man replied, "I keep on spreading God's message, for the moment I stop, I was afraid I would fall into sin just like the people of this town."

I had recently been praying about what kind of a life I wanted to live from now on. I had a mixture of thoughts, but after some soul searching, I narrowed my thoughts to two. The first expectancy was to live a life of a regular doctor in the heart of the city. I would do my best to be a doctor for God, still enjoying certain wealthiness as well. The other was to live a life like that of Peter the Baptist. I would save to give away, also considering long term mission trips to those lands without worship.

I knew God would love me no matter which road I will take. Plus, I was more so leaning towards the former choice for I have a sense of how difficult living a life of a missionary was. If I was not strongly called by God, I knew I would never make it. Then recently, after having heard this little story, I thought perhaps God would want me to seek out a life of the latter. Yes, God does accept any choices in life as long as it was a choice made with God, but at the same time, I had gotten this idea that God would bless and even call upon me if I had sought him out wholeheartedly, passionately and most importantly, actively. 

Would not God pour out love and blessings towards those that actively seek to obey his words? I do need more time in accepting this and trusting God. Nonetheless...

No comments:

Post a Comment