Sunday, February 18, 2018

Presence of God Here and Now

It is always good to hear God's message. Although I always wonder if I am being too self-minded, almost paranoic, when taking a message from a sermon as a personal one from God, I figured it is better to take a message to heart than to let it go hours later. 

Lately, I have been praying inches more, and hoped to know what God had wanted from me lately. The sermon was on being happy with the verses from Luke 22:39-46. 


"'Why are you sleeping?' he asked them. 'Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.'" Luke 22:46


I took verse 46 very personally. It almost seemed like God was telling me to wake up right that moment. He had wanted me to pray more for whatever the reason. Something could be coming, and he must have wanted to endure it. 


Such an experience makes me hold this church community all the more precious. The service, the worship, simply being in the presence of God with such passionate people was truly amazing. 


I pray dearly that no one takes this away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment