Sunday, February 4, 2018

Enjoying Life as of Now

I have been going to different churches, different services since the start of 2018 for various reasons. Nonetheless, the service I attended today was quite memorable.

The service was held at a high school. Since it was at 4:30 PM, there was little traffic. The parking was easy and not a lot of people were around. The auditorium was only mildly filled, lots of space in between others. The worship was lovely, the service was well prepared. 

Most importantly, however, actually, the only importance was that God seemed to have been present within the church. 

I especially admired the pastor, for he truly seemed to love God. This is probably why his message was all the more memorable. 

"Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth. Walk in the ways of your heart and the sight of your eyes. But know that for all these things God will bring you into judgment." Ecclesiastes 11:9 (ESV)

"Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, 'I find no pleasure in them'" Ecclesiastes 12:1 (NIV)


I had been searching for something lately. I knew it would only be filled by God, but I just could not move myself to actively seek Him. I resented this time of little responsibility and little interaction to society, but this was truly my time of youth. I may not be a teenager, but a younger member of society. This was my time give by God to tirelessly enjoy all that is in the world. I know God has plans for me, plans for me to be a part of his works, but I know he also wants me to enjoy what he has built. 

I had always taken the message as a warning not to enjoy life, but nowadays, it seems to be read more so along the lines of a gentle reminder that God is here, in complete reign. 

I am not sure if God is leading me to this specific church, but I know that I wanted to be among those that were passionate for God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment