Saturday, August 26, 2017

Random Thoughts on Mayweather v McGregor

I am not a hardcore fan of martial arts. I have dabbled here and there for several weeks, but nothing to boast about. I do know, however, that UFC fighters are probably tougher people when matched against boxers in street fighting.

I saw a clip of Mayweather with Malignaggi talking trash about McGregor. Mayweather is acting as if he is simply the king of the world. Yes, he is one of the undisputed fantastic boxers in history, but that is all within the protection of rules and regulations of a boxing match. If you throw away the ring, the gloves, and the clocks ticking, everyone is vulnerable to anything.

I thought about all the little ways that I was competitive, all the times that I tried desperately to stay ahead of someone, to beat them down and show dominance. Then I thought about the limitations. I thought about God's greatness.

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom." Isaiah 40:28

Upon the sight of the Lord, we are all specks of dust blowing away in the wind. Yet, I was trying to look better than the man next to me, trying to stay popular, trying to make more money for comforts and authority. 

This game everyone is playing, it isn't mine. This is not my game. My game is with God. My goals are not to live a life of comfort. It is not about fame and power. It is about following the footsteps of Jesus. It is about obedience to His words. It is about life everlasting. It is about heaven and hell. 

You are not my game, devil. I am playing on a different level. Don't bother me anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment