Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Still, my God

“Still, my God…”

The wonder of language, specifically words, words that are just normally used every day, is that they can be filled with all kinds of values and meanings, whole stories of universes if one wishes. Those three words held in consecutive order, “Still,” “my,” and “God,” can speak of all kinds of tales.

The subject is there, and it is about God. “God” is meant to signify the God of the Bible, Yahweh. The word “my” holds the story to be one of a personal story. It is meant to speak for what I have experienced. It could be felt by others, or it could be something completely foreign. Lastly, the word “still” holds the most spice to the story and it is one of which shows the most value. Though the word has several meanings, I do not mean the one where it defines motionlessness, but one that defines “nevertheless” and “all the same.”

Countless times have I failed in the eyes of the LORD. I have sinned and I have fallen. I often forget the magnificence of the Gospel, and I also seem to completely neglect God’s words altogether from time to time. Yet, God has always been there. Nevertheless, God has been there. Actually, God has been here, right alongside of me.  He has been in front, he has been supporting me from behind and he has been over and under my life.

He is all the same, despite what happens in my life, and I think it is soon time for me to stop calling it “my” life, and say “His life given.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment