Friday, September 19, 2014

The Lost Art of Losing

Time surely strips us bare. A lot of good and the bad are lost with each moment. Some move towards the better while some move towards disappointment.

One art that has been lost to us now, or perhaps never have been widely known, is the art of losing. 

It is truly a difficult task, rather paradoxical. All throughout the Bible, we see both sides from God. Sometimes, he brings His people towards victory. At times, He demands defeat and subjugation. 

I am hopeful that we may truly understand the will of the Lord here in this life to a certain extent. It may never be so, but with wide generalization, I am willing to make a statement that we are all more prone to avoid losing. We are so afraid of what may be lost that we fail to see what may be gotten from the loss. 

I constantly try to tell myself, "let go, let go," but it is never easy.

"Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."Job 1:21 (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment