Monday, September 22, 2014

Book Review: "Secrets" by Paul Tournier

I guess I should have stayed away from such a grandiose title, "Book Review." I merely wanted to share my thoughts on the book, and maybe make some anonymous confessions. 
"Keeping a secret is the first step in becoming an individual. Telling it is the second step." - Paul Tournier
There were so many good quotes from the book, but at the moment, I do not want to take the time to look them up. I really just wanted to get this out first.

I always had this notion of honesty and expression as the best method of socializing. Perhaps from living in a foreign country for so long, I had adapted without realizing it. I would open myself up, only to be let down by those that did not hold me as valuable as I had thought them to be. 

I always had to be talking, secrets were burdens to me, but now, they are what makes me special. The secrets I hold with God are what sustains me. The secrets I am to share with shall be what connects me to the person ever so intimately. 




Hi there. I really hope you are doing well. I wanted to tell you thanks for letting me look inside your heart, into your intimate details of life. Thank you for disclosing your secrets to me. I was too immature to understand just how much courage it must have taken. I did not know the risks, therefore, did not understand the preciousness of such actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment