Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Colors

Color my world, O Lord
Color it black, like the grace of covered shame,
Color it red, like the precious blood of the lamb,
Color it blue, like the skies filled with freedom promised,
Color it yellow, like the harvest soon to come,
Color it green, like the safe pastures that you have prepared
Color it purple, like the flowers representing your beauty
Color it white, like the pure bride that is us
For some time now, I was very much focused on studying. I took all my energy to pay close attention to what the professors were saying in lecture. I am glad that I have matured enough to learn to listen to others, but at other times, I miss daydreaming throughout the class, throughout the days. In my mind, the damp dark colors of the world would soon be filled with various colors, only possible through the promises of joy and happiness from seeing Jesus. I am still unsure of what maturity really is, but I don't think being immature once in a while is all that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment