Wednesday, March 19, 2014

PreMed-itated Thoughts

A good friend of mine was nice enough to ask me to read over his statement of purpose for his application to dental school. I am no expert in editing, but I guess he felt comfortable with my revisions the first time I helped him. Nonetheless, I was really glad to see that he has made it along quite a way, and was soon to apply to a different chapter in life.

Upon reading his essay, his thoughts about why he wanted to do what he wanted to do, I thought back to when I was writing all this down on a tiny laptop, holed up in my tiny room. The passion I thought I had was enough for me to save the world. Reality, of course, painted a vastly different picture.

Here was I living what I had wanted to live, yet I guess I never could have painted a more accurate picture of the life of a medical student.

Nonetheless, I carry on another day, enjoying what gifts God gives me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment