Sunday, March 23, 2014

Because I Want To

Did I ever use God as a means to clear my conscience? Anytime I would lie, hurt someone, take advantage of a situation, be amazingly selfish, I would go to church, pray for forgiveness, and feel completely happy again without stopping to think about taking care of those that I hurt along the way. Or sometimes, I would take action in what the church deems “good acts” and feel better about myself through such actions.

What really got me thinking deep was that God asks less for our material sacrifices, but for our obedience. He always had wanted our purest praise. I believe that a part of the reason for Jesus and his sacrifice was for us to be able to praise God in the purest of form, out of true love. Never feeling the need to make amends, never feeling to need to do anything for God, but simply because we start wanting to. 

Living as one that truly needs God. One of the surest signs of salvation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment