Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Some Special Day

After having stayed up until 3 in the morning, I abandoned all thoughts of studying and went briskly to bed, hoping to get up early the next morning. That never happened. As I got up around 9AM, I bustled about to get ready and start studying again. The following week had three exams scheduled, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It's funny how in those specific times, times when I feel busy, I am called to be somewhere else. That morning, a friend of mine reminded me of a monthly meeting that I had forgotten. It was called Murray Meetings, in which the group invites a missionary to come speak. I had just sat down to study, but for some odd reason, I could not shake the longing to be there. Though about 40 minutes late, I entered just when the missionary was about to speak. His first few words were, "As a missionary for North Korea..." It could have been just another day, another coincidence, but the fascination arises as I had prayed nearly a week ago, specifically about the matter. As I felt rather lost amidst the school days, I asked God to teach me what I should be praying for. Just like how most of work done in medical school is memorizing, I felt it the same for Christians: remembering the graces of God seeped deep into the lives. About a year ago, I heard a missions report from Stephen Linton regarding TB patients. Within his message, he challenged the audience in asking who would be praying for North Korea if not the South Koreans. I had always thought about becoming a medical missionary, but the location was always vague, some distant land far away, possibly a tropical region. From that day on, however, I started looking twice whenever North Korea was mentioned. The first semester blew by quickly, but during the summer, I was again reminded of such thoughts. Yet, here I was again, listening to all the tragedies of North Korea, the pain and the suffering, but passionately longing for the Word of the Lord that could never be matched with people of free countries. To be honest, writing these thoughts down here in this blog is more for myself, as a reminder. I still have an exam tomorrow, which I should be studying for, but nonetheless, taking this time to write this down, hopefully, will again remind me of the people that God has set His eyes on. As for others in similar positions, pray, act and love. That alone should be enough to change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment