Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer Picnics

I have fond memories of Madison, Wisconsin. Besides the fact that it was blistering cold during the winters, remembering my high school days always brings up a smile on my face.

The quiet neighborhoods and the peaceful people were mostly what I remember. In addition, I especially remember my first summer in Madison. It was during the summer before my senior year. I had always traveled back home to Korea during the summers, but with volunteer jobs and the sorts, I decided to stay for once.

The coolness of the evenings was soothing enough to help me forget about the hot afternoons. There was nothing more to do than to work couple of hours and enjoy life. With celebrations like Fourth of July and Fitchburg Days, peace and tranquility was abounding. There were a few friends that I hung out with often. Late one night, as we were heading somewhere, I heard the song “Saturday in the Park” by Chicago for the first time.

Ever since then, the song always reminded me of the summer, a memory that never fails to remind me that life can be good even amongst the most darkening hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment