Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Congratulations By the Way

Honestly, I do not understand how others enjoy my presence. I am rude, selfish and overall, an awful friend. Thankfully, I have been blessed to have many friends that seem to like me for who I am. Especially in college, I met with ten or so guys that just stuck together. Of course, some of us (mostly me) fought from time to time, but, in the end, we pulled through as one. Looking back, we were bunch of chumps, not having a clue as to what the world was. I thought I had matured quite a bit since then, but time sure had more surprises.

Late one night, past twelve, one of the friends gave me a call. He was not the calling type, so his phone call took me a bit by surprise. After some small talk, he told me he was getting married. I did not believe him at first, but after a while, his news really settled in. This certainly was not a life-changing experience for me, but a thought did cross my mind: maybe it was time for my inner child to grow up.

I had often run away from responsibility. I always tried to find an easier road, one less painful, just playing in shallow waters. Tides are coming for me. I do not want to run away this time. There seem to be much precious places just past the waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment