Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Journeying

As a child, I remember my answer to the question, “who do you want to be?” changed by the day.  Among the answers, I remember that I wanted to be an adventurer. My friends and I would just walk around the neighborhood for hours on. We would take turns and lead the way to roads that we have never seen before. At times we would get lost, but eventually find the way back home. Along the same lines, the life of Indiana Jones seemed just too cool. I guess it was not so much the hard work that I desperately sought, but the possibility of encountering something new in my life that had me longing for journeys. I don’t mean any ordinary events, but miracles. There is something about the supernatural, and yet, I wonder if it ever were miracles that changed my life? The times I felt most compelled to act was in seeing the constant love of parents, the daily greetings of friends, the unending sufferings of the misfortunate population of the world. I know what I have to do, but where to? Not all who wander are lost, but all who are lost probably do wander…

No comments:

Post a Comment