Friday, April 27, 2012

Grace and grace

One of the joys of having a car was in the music. Wherever I went, melodies followed providing spice to life. I did have an iPod dock, but I preferred listening to CDs. Instead of letting loose single songs, an album was in itself a story. Now, I do admit there are some artists that do not consider an album to its entirety, but I believe it was the sentimental factor that had me cling onto buying them. Among the many CDs I had, I enjoyed listening to one of Matt Redman’s album, “Blessed Be Your Name.”

“I am humbled by your mercy and I am broken inside.” This was part of the lyrics from the song Once Again. As I put much importance in lyrics to a song, I was hoping to find an actual bible verse that had this expression. So far nothing, but I found something close.

“Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness leads you toward repentance?” Romans 2:4

After a day filled with poor decisions and mistakes, consequences are sure to follow the next day. As death sentence seems obvious and imminent, falling asleep seems like such luxury. Yet, the moment consciouness is regained, it is the next day. All is quiet, and nothing has changed. Mercy. This was the work of God, the forgiveness of sins through the blood of Jesus Christ. It seems that another day, another chance was given.

Out of grafetulness, we move on. It is not criticism, but kindness that ultimately changes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment