Monday, March 19, 2012

Diligence

“We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.” Hebrews 6:11-12
Though the bible verse is about living the life of a Christian faithfully and passionately, it still had me wonder about an honest good work.

As you walk into a store, you see hundreds of different companies making the same product. This may be a bit off topic, but I remember the scene from The Hurt Locker, where in a panoramic view, the main character stares at the endless shelf of cereal, just dumbfounded. As for us, however, with just a couple of trial and error, we all figure out which is the better product. It is the details that distinguish quality. I had always been a detail-free kind of guy. I always liked looking at the big picture. I soon admitted that I was making an excuse to be lazy as it were these details that got people interested. Intricately woven strings of ideas and labor were classic items for success. We all applaud good hard work. It is as if people can see through the products and recognize the presence of dedication. I guess it boils down to whether or not you have passion for your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment