Thursday, March 15, 2012

Passionate

She was probably the brightest and the quirkiest of girls, not to mention very pretty. I can easily say that she lived in a different world, a world separate from the reality we live in. She truly loved God. She reminded me of Lucia from Max Lucado’s You are Special. I came across her footprints of life, and immediately I remembered how much I loved God myself. Oh, how fire spreads. I recalled how joyful I was just seeing the stars at night, feeling the cool breeze of summer. Relativity was all to my favor as God seemed to be with me all the time.

The past months that I wormed through all seemed so trivial. The broken hearts and dreams no longer seemed to hurt. I could not shake the feeling that I should have remembered God more in those times, but why regret?

"And this is what he promised us - eternal life" 1 John 2:25

Eternity and maybe another day. I still have months and years left in this life, while forever awaits shrouded as a gift wrapped in silver and gold. Too many people say that no one can be happy all the time, but I would rather remain foolish and hope for another great day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment