Saturday, December 14, 2019

Hello again, Epaphroditus

"But I think it is necessary to send back to you Epaphroditus, my brother, co-worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger, whom you sent to take care of my needs...Therefore I am all the more eager to send him, so that when you see him again you may be glad and I may have less anxiety." Philippians 2:25, 28

I had one of the most wonderful time today with my church friends. They had been my small group mates back in 2012. It had been more than 7 years since the group ended, but all of us kept in good touch. Three of the members got married, with one even expecting her second child soon. 

Although we have much fun, I always was less enthusiastic about getting together often. I really had not realized why until today. I saw that I had a deep fear of losing relationships. I was afraid that something could go wrong, and what once was so beautiful would turn sour and dissolve. 

Even reading such bit of Epaphroditus had me worried about his future back home. What if the great joy of seeing a friend again dissipates? What if such a good community of believers turn against each other? What if people change so much that there would not be any reason to get together? What if there was nothing to do when gathered?

Through my time today, I think it bliss to have realized that such worries should be the least of my concern. In Christ, all time spent together was bound to be joyful, endlessly. There would be no reason to worry about what to do, because praising God would be an eternal activity, full of blessings. 

Yes, all could change, all could depart, but I firmly believe that it would be best in the eyes of the LORD.  

No comments:

Post a Comment