Thursday, December 12, 2019

Flying Yoga Experiences

For two months, the gym I had been going to decided to close for maintenance. I had spent most of my workout times there with simple weightlifting and swimming, but now I had to find someplace new. 

I thought about picking up jiu jitsu again, but the thought of getting hurt here and there didn't quite catch my motivation. I also thought about trying out pilates, but for some reason, the majority of trainers seemed rather unenthusiastic about giving me lessons. 

Whatever it was, I settled on trying out flying yoga. I had heard most of the students are women, but I had heard mixed reviews; plus, trying out new experiences always seemed fun. 

Honestly, the first few days, I thought I was paying for an exotic BDSM experience. Every time the hammock wrapped around me, I felt new pain I had never knew before. My body was awfully out of shape, especially in grabbing onto the hammock itself. 

I had gotten more used to it at this point, but something I realized was that my body figure was lacking in beauty. The other was that I was lacking much in balance. I was rather confident that I would be able to pick up yoga pretty quickly, but I had not done a good enough job of finding great balance. 

It was a short lived realization, but it was comforting to see again that there was still so much I could learn in life. There was and will always be much to learn, a great stimulation for humility and expectations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment