Friday, September 27, 2019

Stick Around

It is always fun to talk to friend you haven't seen in a while. At the same time, it is pretty disheartening to see them drift away from God. Over the years, I have found it natural to see those who had been at the forefront of spirituality and church move away from it all. I have drifted away as well, but at times think it is perhaps the loss of youthful passion. Nonetheless, I still believe it is the responsibility of a Christian to maintain a certain fervor for God, but that is never easy said than done. 

When I meditate on all that God had done for me, I find a smile and a certain love towards Him. I often forget about it, but I know it is there. So, whenever I urge others to love God, I find it very ironic, for love doesn't spring up. It requires interaction for both parties. Honestly, even dating and marriage seems like a miracle. 

As much as I would like to see old friends growing abundantly in God, if it is not the case I would like to leave a message of encouragement. Do not be anxious in finding love. Sometimes it needs diligence, sometimes passion, or even just time. A change in environment may help, maybe not. Just try to stick around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment