Thursday, July 7, 2016

Lavished Upon Us

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him." 1 John 3:1 (NIV)

lav·ish /ˈlaviSH/
verb
1. bestow something in generous or extravagant quantities upon.


After having a bit of a conversational quarrel with some false believers, I wondered if I ever had a time when I truly loved someone else. At first, it was annoying to see these people trying to get signatures from clueless neighbors, hence my confrontation with them. Later on, I began to think about what Jesus would have done. Hate the sin, love the people? Maybe. I do realize that Jesus was also considered a false prophet in his time, and that we may never truly know just how God will bring upon his judgment. Then again, I do believe in the leaders of Christianity, the people studying the Bible passionately. I do believe in their remarks on false teachings, especially of the people I met with today. Nonetheless, I began to think about just how these people started to believe in their beliefs. Of how dull life must have been for them, or even how difficult everything was to them. I began to think about how a lot of Christians must have passed them by, without having reached out to their hearts. I thought about how weak their hearts must have become to have started following such teachings. 

I'm not about to point fingers. All I wanted to do was to do better myself. Take time to study what the Bible is truly saying. Take time to reach out to more people. Take time to fully befriend my savior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment