Sunday, January 3, 2016

Profile of the Gospel

“’Lord,’ Ananias answered, ‘I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem. And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name.’

But the Lord said to Ananias, ‘Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.’” Acts 9:13-16

I can almost hear Ananias asking God, “Why him? Why Saul of all people? He doesn’t deserve the Gospel!”

It is the same for me. I have in mind a profile of those who are deemed “worthy” of the Gospel, those who certainly seem good to be saved from hell.

On whose standards was I thinking? God certainly does not judge people by their looks. He searches the minds and hearts of people. Who am I to pick and choose in sharing the good news? It wasn’t even mine in the first place.

Too many times I have passed those whom God must have wanted the Gospel to be shared. As I close my eyes in prayer, I can hear the whisper of God saying, “Go!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment