Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Desperate for You

The year is coming to an end as only a month of clinical rotations are left. I am in my last week of psychiatry, and I am pretty glad that I will not be learning any more psychiatry. It was a lot of mental stress, but I did get to learn a lot about myself. 

One neat activity that I participated in was taking the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory test. It is a standardized psychometric test of adult personality and psychopathology. In short, it will show you if you have any mental issues. 

Normally, the average value per category is around 30 to 70. Within that range, most people would live quite comfortably among society. One of the categories I wanted to mention was the Depression category. A higher score would mean that the patient would be showing depressive symptoms. A lower score would mean that the person is rather energetic and bright, almost flamboyant. 

I scored a 30 on that scale, and though rather low, I do not show signs of severe discord within society. However, the test instructor did mention that a patient who shows a lower score on the Depression scale is either flashy, or actually masking their depressive mood. 

I often tell myself to smile. I often try to shake off any negative attitude during the day. I often repeat 1 Thessalonians 5:16, "rejoice always" as is the will of God, but deep down inside, I know that I am waiting for the coming of Jesus, for his soothing consolation. I am desperate indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment