Thursday, September 19, 2013

Awesome God

This one is for you, SG.

"God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen." 1 Timothy 6:15b-16

Back when I was just beginning to read the bible, my friend and I had a discussion about the nature of God, Yahweh. Though many portray God as benevolent and graceful, he mentioned how God had killed many of people of which is clearly indicated in the bible. I remember seeing a website with a collection of the verses on God's wrath. In the background, the song, "Awesome God" was playing. That was his reason of disbelief. 

Many years later, I have learned a bit more about the bible, and can probably discuss this matter in a deeper level. However, I sometimes wonder what happened to fear. If you choose to believe what is written in the bible, about the mass killings, would not it be terrifying to let the matter slide and choose ignorance? If God can wipe out nations in a matter of seconds, would it not be wise to acknowledge this God and learn more about Him?

In case you wanted more analogies, I think this might help. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z6o1GIEsQE

Who do you think you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment