Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Thankful Heart

The church here at the university is rather small. Worship service is held at the school auditorium. It can hold a lot of people, but it is barely filled each week. I think the church has more professors and faculty than students. In any case, during worship, the praise team is on one side with fancy modern rock instruments and the chamber is on the other side with the classical instruments, the strings and sorts. I have to admit, I enjoy contemporary christian music much more, but I am indeed getting used to the hymns.

I noticed today that during the call to repentance, the chamber played the song, "Give Thanks." I thought it was theological magnificient that they did so. Repentance, at least to me, has been a time when I turn my eyes towards God yet again and recognize all that he has given me, a time of thanksgiving. How else could I change my ways than to be grateful and hopeful?

I still have over 3 years to attend. Though I do not know what will happen, I hope I grow to love the church even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment