Thursday, September 13, 2018

Circling Back

It's been a while since I visited my old circle. It was a Christian fellowship group I had attended during my medical school days. I had visited my school a couple of times before, but I never made it to the fellowship services. Well, yesterday, for some odd reasons of boredom and compassion, I drove to the school to have dinner with a some younger classmates I used to know. 

The food was good, the conversations crisp, and overall, I had a great time with the friends. All of them were part of the fellowship, so naturally we headed to the worship service. 

After service, I did not get in front to introduce myself to the crowd, but simply stood outside and greeted several people who knew me. People I had forgotten, people I had longed to see, and people that were always there came to say hi. 

I had always wanted to get away from it all. I knew this community was where I had to be, yet I never dived in fully. For reasons of studies and military pressure, for my growing disgust for others as well as general heartaches in relationships pushed me further into isolation. I knew I had to be with God and with his people of the church. I had always been torn between my selfish desires and Godly responsibilities, but yesterday, the scales tilted heavily as I grew ever so compassionate for all the members of the group.

It could very well be that I was no longer pressured by school nor the military, but it was more so that God had me realize just how important fellowship was. Despite my reservations toward the circle, I had done some good for the people thanks to God. Yet, I knew I could always have done more. I knew I should have prayed more, cared more and loved more. 

On my drive back home, I kept praying for the students. I saw how lovely they were in  sight of God. Though I will pray now and then, I knew God now had wanted me to pray for the community I was currently in at the moment. I wanted to leave no regrets this time around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment