Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Short Stop Before Eternity

Did I request thee, Maker, from my clay
To mould me Man, did I solicit thee
From darkness to promote me?
Paradise Lost - John Milton

It is said trauma can be repressed, but it cannot be erased. You can very well take out a nail, but the hole still remains. As mistakes accumulate the heart becomes heavy, paralyzing any thoughts of activeness. It is these precise moments that humbles me, and pulls me closer towards God. You would think repetitive wrongdoings can ultimately be fixed. Perhaps my frame of time is too short. Maybe that is why God takes us through eternity to be with Him. Even still, it would be great to see change happen within this short stop before eternity. 

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places." A Farewell to Arms - Ernest Hemingway

No comments:

Post a Comment