Saturday, June 10, 2017

Unprocessed Thoughts on Relationships

I have been thinking quite a lot about relationships lately. Mostly in terms of a loving relationship between a man and a woman, but not just limited to it. I guess I am walking into that life phase of marriage. That is why I was surprised the given topic of writing was on relationships.

I only want to talk about people to people relationships. I can see that animals, materials, ideas, and all can surmount to a functional relationship, but it seems out of focus at the moment.

I have seen my share of break-ups, been in several. I can't say that I have had a complete breakdown from a relationship, but I feel like I have experienced enough to say that everyone is constantly moving, to and fro, close and away. 

At times, I see others completely wallowed up in sorrow, and within a couple of months, happily married with a total stranger. Other times, I see the happiest couple, soon to be the worst enemies. All of it comes at me as utter meaninglessness. 

What, then, has meaning? For the continuation of mankind, we must reproduce? Well, the relationship itself can be the meaning. Though ethereal, the moment can be cherished, all the more as it is so fleeting. Learning to give up time and money to get to know more about the other, developing curiosity and joy in getting know any small details, truly loving myself by finding complete satisfaction in that special one. 

After having laid my thoughts to words, it all seemed to point towards God, living a life of dedication, faith, sacrifice and love. 

In the end, relationships are not simply bound by marriage, building a family. All that is indeed a part, definitely, but most importantly, I feel like it is about knowing more of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment