Sunday, June 18, 2017

Pretending to Be

I attended a short summer camp over the weekend for elementary kids of our church. I volunteered as a teacher for them, not really knowing what I would be doing. Thankfully, nothing was too difficult. I guess the most difficult part was trying to pray that I may be in a healthy spiritual state for the kids. 

The evening service consisted of long prayer sessions, and naturally some of the kids got tired. One of the kids came up near me and started sleeping, resting his head on my lap. 

Now, I know that I am not yet considered old, but I do have been wanting to get married. As the child slept so peacefully, I could not help but feel a tender compassion, perhaps even love for the child. He slept so helplessly, completely relying himself on me, to support, to protect, to rest. 

I was then recalled to the countless nights where I pretended to be asleep in the car, so that my father would pick me up and take me to my bed. As I had felt such passion for a child I had not known since hours ago, I wondered how love my father must have felt carrying me back home? How much greater the love God has for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment