Sunday, February 12, 2017

Lady Rose

Lights.
Curtains.
Spotlight.
My eyes are fixated, more so blinded by the allure.
She radiates of virtue, glitters with a simple smile.
Gleaming as she looks towards God in praise.
The crimson dress blooms into affection.
Her lips matching such passion, burst.
Her eyes, crystal clear, seemingly penetrates through my broken soul.
I soak in all that she is, lest I miss a single moment.
Unfamiliarity curtains like a veil as every rose must have its thorn.
This I know, price I will to pay.
You ask what do I know of her? Yet what else can I ask for?
The love for Christ, spoken through with each note of harmony. 
The angels do not travel down too often, likewise, her presence glorifies the Maker.
Love seemed but a miracle. Life, forever spoiled.
No beauty can ever compare. Losing sight of all else. 
Shine like the starlight, the moonlight, gently illuminating my darkened nights.
But this I know, I cannot bear my selfish needs to ensnare.
So I let her be, let her live, let her flourish unto her life.
And like a shell, caressing a precious pearl, I wait.
Curtains.
Lights.
Breathe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment