Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Amazing Grace, Amazing Love

It's been a while since I wrote something this late. It's been a while since I wrote anything with some effort and time for that matter. I went to a little service just now. I really enjoyed the worship. The message of God's never-ending love really got to me as well.

Nonetheless, more questions arose. The hymn, "Amazing Grace" was written around 1779. It has been around since then. As though it was a confession of a man, God seemed to have held it high among his loved Christians. A minor mind boggler was that in times of the Bible, slavery was somewhat acknowledged. Though I do not know what the culture of slavery was back then, but it certainly has a notion of negativity in present times. Slavery is commonly known to be an action despised by God in the present culture. It certainly seems to be that way as God has upheld the expression of love and repentance of John Newton and his actions against slavery, but what about the older times? What were His thoughts then?

Just some questions, hoping to be answered some time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment