Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Our Crown

"For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? Indeed, you are our glory and joy." 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20

A crown. Mark of a king. Pure golden frame ridden with jewels, all perfectly spaced into magnificence. Power and authority surrounds it. The rights to rule over all that is in grasp. The crown that Jesus wore, however, was no precious than garbage, for he had a different crown. The crown that is us, His created, His beloved. Every time I read the Epistles, I can almost sense the biggest smile formed by Paul whenever he hears the news of his fellow friends in Christ, the ones with repentant hearts. Simply hearing the news of faithfulness brings out the best in him. A pure delight that cannot be found in the world that is seen.  


"But Timothy has just now come to us from you and has brought good news about your faith and love. He has told us that you always have pleasant memories of us and that you long to see us, just as we also long to see you. Therefore, brothers, in all our distress and persecution we were encouraged about you because of your faith. For now we really live, since you are standing firm in the Lord. How can we thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of you? Night and day we pray most earnestly that we may see you again and supply what is lacking in your faith." 1 Thessalonians 3:6-10

I was fortunate enough to be able to visit the churches I attended, again, at a different time in life: Moksan Church, Korean Central Church of Pittsburgh, Blackhawk Church in Madison, Northway Church, Onnuri Church... A sense of nostalgia would surround me, but with a hint of disappointment. I always wondered what it was that lacked in my visits, but the answer was simple enough. It was not the church itself that I was longing for, but the people that I had met, the fellow faithful, the repentant, the saved ones in Christ. How I long to see everyone at the same time and place. Such a promise is what I hold onto, the promised day of His return. 

Hi everyone. I hope you are doing well in Christ. Never give up, Do not back down. The end is near. Hold onto your faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment