Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wind

Gusts, squalls, breeze, gales, storms...wind. They say it is a mass movement of gases, but it stands for so much more for the human mind. Of my best memories, wind was always present, a gentle wind rushing through me as if cleansing away any dust that managed to cling on. Standing in an empty field and having the wind just blow makes me feel so alive. There are times when the wind brings devastation: hurricanes and typhoons, winds that carry the blistering cold. At other times, the hot summer wind may almost feel like a flamethrower, bringing such irritation to our content hearts. Nonetheless, wind brings interruption to what seems so still. I have myself times when life seems to be on hold. Not even a hint of a breeze seems to drop by. I used to sit down and just wait for something to happen, but now, I have learned to start running. Though everything may seem to be on pause, once you start running, the wind starts running with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment