Monday, May 14, 2012

A Bit of Truth

I was no star athlete. Actually, I'm still not that athletic, but I do enjoy sports much. I used to think I was decent in soccer, so I tried out in high school. I played all four years and even managed to get into the varsity team in my senior year, but I think it was because I went to a small private Catholic school. Plus, the freshmen team coach went up to coach the varsity team, and well, I guess he knew that I tried hard since freshmen year.

In any case, I loved being in the varsity squad, the team warm-ups, the jerseys, even dressing up for games was such a great experience. Although practice was tough, the games were relaxing. I rarely got any playing time, but it did not matter. I even loved sitting in the bench watching my teammates play.

I distinctly remember one game day. It was a home game, so we got to play our own mixtape for the warm-up. As I stretching, I stared blankly into the bright clear sky and listened to what was playing.

"I believe there's a bride that's stunning,
and I believe in the kingdom coming.
I believe if you seek the truth,
you don't need to look far cuz it's gonna find you."

The song that played was "Ooh Ahh" by the Grits. I remember enjoying the relaxing beats, but moreover, I loved how the song had lyrics that held such depths. I know I have much way to go in the road called faith, but I am rather comforted by these words. I'm still hoping truth finds me well soon.

I am forgetting a lot more about high school, but praying before a game is a memory cherished in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment