Friday, April 13, 2018

Passing Thoughts on 1 Samuel 22, 23

"All those who were in distress or in debt or discontented gathered around him, and he became their commander. About four hundred men were with him." 1 Samuel 22:2

Compared to the life that I live now, though I may not be God's beloved David, am I not surrounded by traitors, slanderers, and the discontented? Am I not one of them, if not, all in one? Should I not be trustful towards God and embrace all that have been gathered around me?


"When David was told, 'Look, the Philistines are fighting against Keilah and are looting the threshing floor,' he inquired of the LORD, saying, 'Shall I go and attack these Philistines?'" 1 Samuel 23:1

Although in distress, fleeing for their lives, David took it as a personal matter when the men of Keilah were being attacked by the Philistines. Though in trouble himself, he found the heart to help those that were in need as well. Should I not learn to do the same?

"And Saul's son Jonathan went to David at Horesh and helped him find strength in God." 1 Samuel 23:16

I wish to find a friend who shall encourage me in my walk with God. I wish to be a friend who encourages a friend in his walk with God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment