Saturday, July 15, 2017

Thoughts on Malachi

A prophecy: The word of the Lord to Israel through Malachi.
“I have loved you,” says the Lord. “But you ask, ‘How have you loved us?’
“Was not Esau Jacob’s brother?” declares the Lord. 
“Yet I have loved Jacob, but Esau I have hated, and I have turned his hill country into a wasteland and left his inheritance to the desert jackals.” 
Malachi 1:1-3


There are speculations about the difference between Jacob and Esau in the eyes of the LORD. Was it their attitude? Was it their faith? Was it the inner spirit that no one but God could see? 

Whatever the difference was, however, could it really have been that big for God to have made otherwise? Could he not have made Esau a man of faith, a man whom God would have delighted in? 

In a sense, God simply loved Jacob, chose him to be the one blessed by God. It just as well could have been to Esau. 

The life that I live, all the blessings, the joys, and the comforts, it just as well could have been to someone else. How can I say that I do not feel his love?

No comments:

Post a Comment